Tuesday 11 June 2013

baskets of berries

I had a bit of time last night to design, so I worked on an entry for this week's spoonflower contest with the theme farmer's market. I like the theme, it conjures up images of stacks of vegetables and flowers, sunlight and cheese and coffee (thats what the market close by is like). I decided to draw some little baskets of berries. I usually start with a pencil sketch, then draw the outlines with a pen, erase any pencil lines and take a picture. This is how it looks:


Then I trace the image in inkscape to make it into a vector image, and play with colour and placement. I've also recently starting painting bits of the image in gimp, to give it more texture. This is the final design:


update: you can see the other designs and vote here


No comments: