Tuesday 23 October 2012

spoonflower

A few months ago I joined spoonflower, a site where you can design and buy fabrics. Since then (and before then!) I've been very interested in fabric design. I still haven't bought any, but the weekly contest is often a good incentive to come up with a design. I recently added a side-bar on the right side of this blog which links directly to my shop on spoonflower. So far none of my designs are for sale because I haven't proofed them yet. In order to sell fabric the designer needs to first order a swatch, check the colours, upload any changes.
The design process is lots of fun! I'm also learning more about how to use inkscape and gimp, so I might post another tutorial soon.
The contest this week is arrows and this is my entry. This is the repeating element, you can see how it looks repeated here.


2 comments:

rsz said...

cool, du bist echt kreativ, karin!! würd dich ja gerne mal wieder treffen :)

Karin said...

ich würde dich auch total gerne wieder sehen! und auch zusammen nähen wäre schön :-) ganz liebe Grüße!